The current status of the Gaganyaan programme is as follows:
- An Astronaut training facility has been commissioned in Bengaluru. Training activities are progressing well at the newly commissioned Astronaut training facility.
- The design of all systems and sub-systems for Gaganyaan has been completed. Realisation of the same is in different stages of progress.
- Long duration qualification test of human rated cryogenic engine and First phase testing of human rated VIKAS Engine completed. First phase of demonstration tests for Gaganyaan service module propulsion system completed.
- Proof of concept demonstration for ground network with service providers completed. Construction of integration facility for Orbital module preparation is nearing completion.
- The MoU, Contracts and Implementation Arrangements (IA) related activities with both national and international agencies are progressing well. The design of various human centric products has been completed and various prototypes are under realization.
- Receipt of Gaganyaan deliverables against contracts with M/s. Glavkosmos (Russia) and CNES (France) commenced.
- Roles and responsibility for crew recovery operations and rehearsals finalized. Detailed operational requirements for nominal missions scenarios worked out.
- The activities related to development of microgravity experiments have commenced. The conceptual design for experiments is under review.
The government is encouraging the private sector and start-ups for various Gaganyaan activities such as hardware realization, components supply, health monitoring devices, Virtual reality simulators etc.
This information was given by the Minister of State in the Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievance & Pensions and in the Prime Minister’s Office, Dr Jitendra Singh in a written reply in Lok Sabha today.
Disclaimer : This is an official press release by PIB.