World Schizophrenia Awareness Day commemorated by DEPwD
Awareness Sessions and Special audio-video and radio programmes conducted
Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (DEPwD) commemorated Schizophrenia to raise awareness and to reduce stigma around mental illness. It lifts the lid on the challenges that thousands of people with Schizophrenia from all over the world have to encounter on a day-to-day basis.
The DEPwD under the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India is the nodal body to look after all the development agenda of Persons with Disabilities in the country. With the vision to create awareness about Schizophrenia among the masses, the Department observed World Schizophrenia Day, through the institutions associated with it and conducted various events at more than 30 places across India.
The following activities were organized across the country to observe World Schizophrenia Day:-
- Awareness & Sensitization Sessions
- Special audio-video and radio programmes and panel discussions by experts, street play, poster making and quiz competitions.
- Webinar on Early Intervention in Schizophrenia- A Psychologist & Psychiatrist Perspective
- TLM distribution to children with ID.
- Short-Term Training Programme on “Early Symptoms of Schizophrenia and its Management”
- Display of vocational stalls through which products made by individuals with Schizophrenia,
- A skit about awareness of Schizophrenia
- Medical Camp.
Disclaimer: This is an official press release by pib.