Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology (MeitY) organized Special Campaign (Swachhata Hi Seva) on 2nd October 2023 at Electronics Niketan, MeitY with great zeal and enthusiasm. Wherein more than 400 officers/officials of MeitY, its autonomous/attached offices like CCA, ICERT, STQC, NIC, UIDAI, NIELIT, STPI, ERNET India, NIXI, NICSI, C-DAC, My-Gov, NeGD, DIC, CSC and CISF housed in Delhi and NCR assembled at 7.30 a.m. in Electronics Niketan Building and participated in the following events:
- Swachhata Pledge was undertaken by all the participants.
- A Lecture on awareness and disposal of e-waste was organized for the benefit of participants.
- A Nukkad Natak by MeitY officials was performed to educate the audience about avoiding single-use plastics and garbage disposal.
- A folk dance was organized to inculcate the feeling of patriotism and cleanliness in the audience.
- Additional Secretary, CEO, UIDAI and other officers participated in the tree plantation programme in the compound of the building.
- All the participants took part in the “SHRAMDAN” AND “FIT INDIA RUN” along with Flag run from Electronics Niketan Building to Pragati Vihar Hostel and back for cleaning the garbage in and around the area.
- On return, all the participants took selfies with Swachhata Cutouts.
- Various banners and posters on Swachhata Hi Seva were prominently displayed.
During the event photographs and videos of the event were taken and uploaded. The cleaning activities were also intensified, both inside/outside and around the entire office premises, in a phased manner, on a day-to-day basis by MeitY and its Organizations. The activities which were carried out are given below: –
General cleaning in and around of the entire building of MeitY and its organizations was done in a phased manner.
Repair and maintenance of inside and outside the building premises wherever required was carried out.
Weeding out of old/unused files/registers and removal of old/unused/unserviceable furniture and other items was carried out by the different divisions in the entire building.
Cutting of grass and trimming and removal of waste materials was carried out.
Special drive for cleaning the offices/buildings of MeitY & its Organisations was done.
Disclaimer: This is an official press release by Pib.