Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievance launched Special Campaign 2.0 from 2nd October to 31st October 2022, drawing inspiration from Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi’s vision and mission to institutionalize Swachhata and minimize pendency in Government. Accordingly, the Department of Land Resources and the Ministry of Rural Development actively participated in Special Campaign 2.0.
The Minister of Rural Development and Minister of State for Rural Development took regular review meetings on the progress of the Campaign. Secretary (LR) took weekly meetings with all Senior Level Officers/Divisional Heads to review the progress made by different Divisions/Sections offices of DoLR under Special Campaign 2.0. Under the “Special Campaign 2.0”, activities relating to deep cleanliness, review/weeding out of files, productive use of space etc. are being undertaken in all the offices of DoLR. Pendency in the reference categories such as references from Members of Parliament, references from State Government, public grievances and appeals are disposed of.
The Special Campaign 2.0 has been taken in the real spirit of the Department of Land Resources. Activities taken up by the Department of Land Resources with respect to the Special Campaign 2.0 are as under:
- Secretary (LR) inspected the various office premises and directed to take activities such as white washing of walls, removal of seepage, renovation of pantry room and other places/rooms, painting of almirahs etc.
- Four Best Practices were initiated by DoLR during Special Campaign 2.0 as below;
a) Under the campaign ‘My plant, My LiFE’, the Department has taken up an initiative to sensitize officers and staff members to promote “climate positive individual action” in offices, by encouraging them to keep potted indoor plants in workspaces and tend them and nurture them on a daily basis. Thereby strengthening the bond between the individual and the environment. Each such “climate positive individual action” addresses issues in the global campaign of “LiFE” led by the Prime Minister.
b) Under the campaign ‘Saving energy for LiFE’, all Officers of the Department are sensitized to promote “climate positive individual action” by taking up simple action such as switching off office room/chamber lights during lunchtime. Each such “climate positive individual action” addresses issues in the global campaign of “LiFE” led by the Prime Minister.
c) Department of Land Resources set up a ‘Rejuve Wellness Centre’ at its Shivaji Stadium Annexe Office premise in 2021. The wellness centre is used by employees for performing yoga, and meditation as part of health de-stress management. The facility has been recognized as a special achievement in the Good Governance Week (GGW) by DAPRPG. As part of the preparatory phase of Special Campaign 2.0, the facility was filmed by the DD News team for highlighting its importance. Secretary, DARPG visited Health Rejuve on 10th October 2022 to capture activities of the model Wellness centre.
Two sessions on Stress Management through a renowned expert on the 20th and 21st of September 2022 at REJUVE Wellness Centre were organized for the officers and officials of the Department. Department organized two sessions on Yoga and Ayurveda through renowned Yoga and Ayurveda experts on the 21st and 28th of October 2022 at REJUVE Wellness Centre for the officers of the Department as well as officers of other Departments. A session on ‘Healthy food habits” was organized on 31st October 2022.
d) All old physical files/ records that require retention are being kept in the record room. For ease of identification of old records, digitization has been undertaken by way of a special initiative called “KHOJ”, wherein old records in the Record room could be accessed by clicking barcodes.
- In order to ensure the cleanliness and involvement of all officers in the campaign, Nodal Officers have been nominated for all three buildings, besides an overall Nodal Officer in the Department. As per the direction of the Union Minister of Rural Development, weekly reports on Cleanliness activities in the Department are being sent. Nodal Officer has also taken review meetings and inspected all sites.
- 323 original tweets on Special Campaign 2.0 have been done by the Department and the same were amplified through other social media platforms such as Facebook and Instagram.
- Data is uploaded on the SCDPM Portal of DARPG on regular basis.
Disclaimer : This is an official press release by PIB.