Since 31st March 2018, 415 new mandis have been integrated on National Agriculture Market (e-NAM) platform. As of 31st December 2021, 1000 mandis of 18 States and 03 Union Territories have been integrated with the National Agriculture Market platform. More than 1.72 Crore farmers and 2 lakh traders have registered themselves on the e-NAM platform.
The government provides the following support under the National Agriculture Market scheme:
- e-NAM software is provided to States / UTs free of cost.
- Department gives grant as one-time fixed cost to the States / UTs up to Rs. 75.00 lakh per mandi, for purchase of hardware, internet connection, assaying equipment and related infrastructure including cleaning, grading and packaging facilities and Bio-compost unit, to make the mandi ready for integration with e-NAM platform.
- A trained staff (Mandi Analyst) is deputed at each mandi, for an initial period of one year to provide day to day hand holding support to stakeholders and train other mandi staff.
- Helpdesk support: A toll free No. (1800-2700-224) and email support ([email protected]) is available to enable stakeholders to raise their query.
- Online tutorials are available on www.enam.gov.in
- Regular training of stakeholders (Farmers, Traders, FPOs, Mandi staff etc) are conducted to create awareness and handholding regarding e-NAM portal.
As per the Union Budget Announcement 2020-21, additional 1000 mandis to be integrated with the e-NAM platform. The total budgetary outlay for integration of 1000 e-NAM Mandis since inception is Rs. 1171.93 Cr. Total 1000 mandis of 401 districts are utilizing the e-NAM platform across 18 States & 3 UTs. In Karnataka, the Kalaburagi district has 2 mandis integrated to the National Agriculture Market platform, namely Kalaburagi & Chhincholi.
This information was given by the Union Minister of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare Shri Narendra Singh Tomar in a written reply in Rajya Sabha today.
Disclaimer : This is an official press release by PIB.