The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) declared Class XII results today. Trivandrum performed best amongst all regions with 97.67% pass percentage followed by Bengaluru region with 97.05 % while Chennai stands at third position with 96.17% pass percentage. Total 11, 92,961 students appeared in the exam out of which 10, 59,080 students passed the exam. Overall pass percentage of this year is 88.78%which is 5.38 % higher than previous year.
The CBSE Class XII Board Examinations were scheduled to be conducted from 15.02.2020 till 30.03.2020. Due to spread of Covid-19 pandemic, CBSE was forced to cancel examinations scheduled from 19.03.2020 to 30.03.2020 in 12 subjects along with examinations in 11 subjects for students of North-Eastern Delhi. These exams were re-scheduled to be held from 01 to 15 July 2020.
Looking at the uncertainties and unprecedented situation and keeping in mind the health and well-being of students, the Supreme Court of India passed orders on 26.06.2020, approving the assessment scheme of CBSE to compute results on the following criteria:
- For the students of both classes X and XII, who have completed all their examinations, their results declared based on their performance in the examinations.
- For students who have appeared in the examinations in more than 3 subjects, the average of the marks obtained in best three performing subjects have been awarded in the subjects whose examinations have not been conducted.
- For students who have appeared in the examinations in only 3 subjects, the average of the marks obtained in the best two performing subjects have been awarded in the subjects whose examinations have not been conducted.
- There are very few students of class-XII, mainly from Delhi, who have appeared in the examinations in only 1 or 2 subjects. Their results have been declared based on performance in the appeared subjects and performance in internal/practical/projects assessment. These students will also be allowed to appear in the optional examinations conducted by CBSE to improve their performance, if they desire to do so. Result of these students will also be declared along with other students. **
CHANCE FOR OPTIONAL EXAMINATION
- CBSE will conduct an optional examination in the subjects whose examinations were scheduled to be conducted from 01st July to 15th July 2020 as soon as conditions are conducive as assessed and decided by the Central Government.
- Candidates whose results have been declared based on the assessment scheme will be allowed to appear in these optional examinations to improve their performance, if they wish so. Marks obtained by a candidate in these optional examinations will be treated as final for those who had opted to take these examinations.
** However, even based on above criteria, the results of 400 students could not be computed and hence, their results will not be announced today.
CONDUCT OF OPTIONAL EXAMINATIONS
The schedule for taking options from the students who are eligible and the dates of the optional examinations will be announced subsequently in consultation with the Government of India.
CONDUCT OF COMPARTMENT EXAMINATION
CBSE will announce the schedule of these examinations subsequently in consultation with the Government of India.
REPLACEMENT OF TERM FAIL BY ESSENTIAL REPEAT
CBSE has decided to replace the term “FAIL” by the term “Essential Repeat”. Hence, in the result declared no “FAIL” term will be mentioned in the documents issued to the candidates and the result hosted on the website.
CERTIFICATES IN DIGILOCKER
- Candidate’s digital mark sheet, passing and migration certificates, skill certificates are also available in DigiLocker. The Digilocker account credentials have already been sent to students via SMS on their mobile number registered with CBSE.
- The certificates can also be downloaded from the DigiLocker mobile app available at Google Play (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.digilocker.android)or Apple App Store (https://apps.apple.com/in/app/digilocker/id1320618078) to access certificates. To login, use CBSE registered mobile number, OTP and enter the last 6 digits of your roll number as security pin.
RECHECKING AND REVALUATION
The modalities in detail will be notified soon by the board.
Class XII result analytics are as follows:
|Duration of Examination||15 February 2020 to 30 March 2020|
|Date of Result Declaration||13 July 2020|
|Total number of Schools and Exam centers (Full Subjects)|
|Year||Number of Schools||Number of Exam Centers|
|Overall Pass Percentage (Full Subjects)|
|Year||Registered||Appeared||passed||Pass%||Increase in pass%|
|Region-wise Pass % – 2020 Regions (Full Subjects)|
|Name of Region||Pass %|
|Performance of Candidates in Over-All Delhi Region (Full Subjects)|
|Performance of Candidates in Foreign Schools (Full Subjects)|
|Gender wise Pass % (Full Subjects)|
|GENDER||2019||2020||Girls have done better than Boys by 5.96 %|
|Institution-wise Comparative Performance 2020 (Full Subjects)|
|Performance of CWSN candidates 2020 (Full Subjects)|
|Total number of candidates who scored >90% and >95% and above (2020) (Full Subjects)|
|>90% and above||Pass Percentage of students >90% above||>95% and above||Pass Percentage of students >95% above|
|Total number of CWSN candidates who scored >90% and >95% and above (2020) (Full Subjects)|
|>90% and above||>95% and above|
|Number of Candidates placed in Compartment (Full Subjects)|
|Year||Number of Candidates||Percentage|